Goldstar Transport operates a training centre at the Woolpit site. The centre is registered with the Department for Transport and the Scottish Qualifications Authority to deliver ADR training in all classes.
The centre is also part of the National Logistics Training Consortium for the delivery of Driver ADR/CPC training and is also JAUPT approved.
Goldstar is an approved centre for the delivery of DCPC modules 1a, 1b and 2 case studies.
The Academy was set up in 2013 for licence acquisition training and three vehicles were purchased. With four qualified DVSA / RTITB / NRI LGV registered instructors providing quality training pass rates are high.
The ‘Train to Employment Partnership’ scheme has been set up to provide a source of drivers for the Company and is subject to an interview and driving assessment before applicants are accepted on to the scheme.
- C (Rigid) training can be carried out subject to an interview and full payment of £1,500, this includes one test. Any re-tests are £150 per test.
- Once C licence has been achieved and progression to CE licence is required, subject to an interview, there will be an agreed repayment programme of £1,500 in total plus any re-tests at £150 per test
- If you have a C licence and want to progress to a CE licence, subject to an interview, there will be an agreed repayment programme of £1,500 in total plus any re-tests at £150 per test
- Driver CPC – Candidates should be in possession of Modules 1a, 1b and 2, or we can provide the modules here, prospective Goldstar drivers will be provided Modules 3&4, any retest to be paid by the candidate at £55 per test
- Students are with an instructor for 8hrs a day. This includes driving tuition, reversing exercises and MOD4 preparation work.
Once CE licence has been achieved, there will be a 2-week mentoring period prior to being allocated a vehicle. Please note that the shift allocated after training is not negotiable and may be a day shift or a night shift depending on the operational needs at the time.
- Goldstar can offer a range of training courses, driving assessments and placements for ex-service personnel.