Goldstar Transport operates a training centre at the Woolpit site. The centre is registered with the Department for Transport and the Scottish Qualifications Authority to deliver ADR training in all classes except radio-actives.
The centre is also part of the National Logistics Training Consortium for the delivery of Driver ADR/CPC training and is also JAUPT approved.
Goldstar is an approved centre for the delivery of DCPC modules 1a, 1b and 2 case studies.
The Academy was set up in 2013 for licence acquisition training and three vehicles were purchased. With four qualified DVSA / RTITB / NRI LGV registered instructors providing quality training pass rates are high.
The ‘Train to Employment Partnership’ scheme has been set up to provide a source of drivers for the Company and is subject to an interview and driving assessment before applicants are accepted on to the scheme.
- C (Rigid) training can be carried out subject to an interview and full payment of £1,500, this includes one test. Any re-tests are £150 per test.
- Once C licence has been achieved and progression to CE licence is required, subject to an interview, there will be an agreed repayment programme of £1,500 in total plus any re-tests at £150 per test
- If you have a C licence and want to progress to a CE licence, subject to an interview, there will be an agreed repayment programme of £1,500 in total plus any re-tests at £150 per test
- Driver CPC – Candidates should be in possession of Modules 1a, 1b and 2, or we can provide the modules here, prospective Goldstar drivers will be provided Modules 3&4, any retest to be paid by the candidate at £55 per test
- Students are with an instructor for 8hrs a day. This includes driving tuition, reversing exercises and MOD4 preparation work.
Once CE licence has been achieved, there will be a 2-week mentoring period prior to being allocated a vehicle.
- Please note that the shift allocated after training is not negotiable and may be a day shift or a night shift depending on the operational needs at the time.
- Goldstar can offer a range of training courses, driving assessments and placements for ex-service personnel.
- Outside companies looking to put their staff through either C or CE then contact Darren Gooding direct to discuss available offers.
- New DGSA course's available now........ Class 7 Radioactive coming soon........
For further details please contact...
- Tel: 01359 245 375 (Training Department) or Mob: 07581 258291 (Darren Gooding)